Tillamook Bay Community College’s Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa is Beta Delta Epsilon which was chartered in 1996.
Phi Theta Kappa’s Mission:
The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
- You must be enrolled in a regionally accredited institution offering an associate degree program.
- You must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree (part-time students may be eligible).
- You must have a TBCC grade point average of 3.25.
- You must receive an invitation to membership from the chapter at the college where presently enrolled.
- Transfer Scholarships for members only ($37 million in transfer scholarships)
- Recognition of your academic achievement
- Resume-building opportunities
- Access to Phi Theta Kappa’s Career Resource Center
- Free enrollment in CollegeFish.org transfer planning program
- Network opportunities as an active PTK member and through alumni associations
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors and Graduation Regalia and a gold seal on your diploma