Candidates for PTK Office must meet the following requirements and commitments:
- Candidates must be Phi Theta Kappa members with a 3.25 GPA.
- Candidates must be students of good standing with TBCC and registered in a minimum of 6 credits each term.
- Officers agree to work and communicate with other students in a civil and friendly manner and to serve PTK and TBCC to the best of their ability.
- Officers must resign if they transfer or withdraw from TBCC.
- Officers must regularly attend scheduled meetings and complete duties as assigned
Basic Officer Duties:
- Preside over all business meetings,Prepare agenda, Present business to the organization
- Appoint and establish any necessary committees and serve as ex-officio member on all committees
- Represent the organization at all times
- Develop goals for the chapter with the help of the advisor and other officers
- Perform duties of president in the event of president absence
- Coordinate all committees
- Head committee reviewing chapter constitution and historian committee keeping a full record of chapter functions
- Receive all money, receipts and request approved disbursement through college
- Make a report of finances for each business meeting
- Keep a set of books and place all records in the official files each year
- Record roll and minutes of meetings
- Maintain file of chapter correspondence
- Assist vice-president with historian duties
- Maintain Chapter social media
- Responsible for all Chapter publicity
- Notify Regional PTK of upcoming events